Our Medication Technician training program meets federal and state training requirements of Certified Medication Technician in the state of Maryland. This program is for any individuals other than registered nurses (RNs) or licensed practical nurses (LPNs) who administer medication on a routine basis (under the supervision of an RN Supervisor); as required by the Nurse Practice Act (Annotated Code of Maryland, Health Occupations Article, Title 8, COMAR Title 10, Subtitle 27.11.05).
The certification must be renewed every two years on the birth month of the individual. The program is 20 clock hours. We provide training through lecture, hands on, case studies, practical applications, group activities, and laboratory practices.
The student will learn the following:
· Medication administration and medication technician’s role;
· Seven rights of medication administration
· Different uses for medication;
· Medication standard and regulations;
· Observing physical and behavioral changes;
· Reporting and recording changes;
· Responsibilities when assisting in a visit to health-care professional (i.e., physician, dentist, Nursing Practitioner).
· Basic medication responses and interactions;
· Forms of medication and routes of administration;
· Correct storage procedures;
· How to use reference and resource material;
· Procedures for safely administering medication; and
· Documentation procedures.
20 hours / 4 days
Tuition includes textbook
Affordable payment options are available
Registration is on a first come first serve basis and contingent upon at least 5 students per class.
Please call for class schedule and registration.
MBON Approved Registered Nurse Trainer